Health Care Providers:
A health care provider is a hospital or nursing home in Andhra Pradesh established for indoor medical care and treatment of disease and injuries and should be registered under Andhra Pradesh Private Allopathic Medical Establishments (Registration & Regulation) Act and Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act (Wherever Applicable). A health care provider who fulfills the empanelment criteria of the Dr.YSR Aarogyasri will become eligible for empanelment with the Trust. An empanelled health care provider shall be referred as a network hospital. There will be a single agreement between Dr.YSR Aarogyasri and NWH for payments under the scheme as per the package prices for the listed therapies.
Distribution of NWH:
Hospitals will be empanelled across the state and those hospitals outside the state which are NABH accredited. A 50 bedded hospital intending to get empanelled is expected to have one or more specialities of General Surgery, Orthopedics, OBG, Pediatrics, General Medicine, ENT, and Ophthalmology among the basic specialities. A multi speciality hospital desirous of empanelment is expected to have facilities for one or more super speciality services such as Cardiology and CT Surgery, Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology, Pediatric surgery, Plastic surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Nephrology and Urology among the super specialities.
A NWH has to fulfill the minimum requirements relating to infrastructure, equipment, manpower and services as laid down by the Dr.YSR Aarogyasri. The requirements are classified under two headings viz., General services requirements and Specialty service requirements based on the Andhra Pradesh Private Medical Care Establishments Act 2002.
Infrastructure requirements in brief
The network hospitals shall have the following infrastructure:
- A minimum of 50 in-patient medical beds
- Separate Male and Female General Wards.
- ICU, Post-operative ward with adequate facilities.
- Fully equipped Operation Theatre.
- Advanced diagnostic facility either in-house or with tie-up.
- Blood bank facility either in-house or tie-up.
Equipment requirement in brief
- Out patient: Specialty wise OP instruments.
- ICU: Bedside Monitors, Ventilators, Oxygen, Suction
- Post-Operative Ward: Bedside Monitors, Oxygen, Suction
- Operation Theatre: Equipment, Specialty Wise equipment such as operation table, C-Arm, Endoscopes.
- Sterilization: Adequate number of sterilizers.
- Casualty: Oxygen, suction, monitors.